Thursday, September 6, 2007

Poor Lilly

Poor Lilly. She was gone for two days and did not respond to our calls. She's been absent for as long as four or five days before But the weather has always been really nice. This time I had a strange feeling and the hubby checked several times but we had no idea whereelse to look for her. Last night he managed to find her. She was limping on three legs and holding her front paw up.

She was cold, wet and hungry. After cleaning her a bit and giving her plenty of food we put her in the warm office where she has her blanket and she went to sleep straight away. This morning she was still not putting any weight on her injured paw but followed us around. I was worried all day. We noticed that her leg is a bit swollen but she won't let us touch it. Tomorrow we will go and see a vet. We needed to go anyway to get Maunzerl her shots.

I am happy to report that Lilly has been walking now and she is using all four of her paws, though she is still limping and the leg looks still swollen. It is nice to see a little improvement though. I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Lilly! I wonder what happened to her too on why she's limping. It's a good sign though that she can walk on all 4's. I hope she's really ok...

Maggie Moo said...

Poor Lilly! I'm glad she's a little better, but still...

8(

Keep up us to date!