A friend of mine sent this by email today and number 25 really stood out. I willingly admit that it applies to me. With the hubby only days from moving out and about to spend the greater part of the week in a town, two and a half hours from home, I kind of feel all grown up.
I still remember the hubby's grandma telling us long before we got married that she believed that we belong together and that what is to follow in our future is all "grown up shit". At the time it sounded funny, especially since that expression really did come out of that sweet 84 year old woman's mouth. She said "grown up shit" only in German. It was hilarious. And she was right.
Silently all the grown up shit was creeping up on us and when we turned around "there it was".
Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one. Yes and yes! When did it happen? I haven't got a clue! When we weren't looking? I suppose so! And why don't I feel different but realize all of this is true and still have no regrets? I suppose because I feel happy and blessed. In that spirit I present you the infamous 25 signs and you can check for yourself.
1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook up and break up.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because those damn kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonalds leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of buffalo wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You no longer drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you.