Huff, what a day today was.
The hubby stayed home sick and I had to go into work by myself. I got up and even though the night before I had plans to get up early to wash my hair I hit the snooze button so many times I barely had time for a quick shower and to brush my teeth.
Dressed in the dark and hurried out the door looking, well lets just say not exactly the height of fashion. So naturally I was already a bit grumpy getting into the office. I should have stayed at home and work from there. Oh how I longed for my lovely frosted glass-metallic rimmed desk with my lovely scented candles and my neatly stacked files and my comfy chair and my unobtrusive lighting.
However I was in the office alone. It was dark, the blinds still drawn, the heat on full and the windows closed. So I shuffle over to my desk, coffee in one hand (thank Gob those are free and always available) and reach to turn on the light above my desk. "ZING". I almost get electrocuted. Wait is there cute in electrocuted? Hmm weird.
Anyhoo on with the topic. So I shuffle over to the window to let some crisp morning air in. I touch the metal frame and "ZING ZING" I get electrocuted again. I am so staticy. Only this time it hurts three times as bad as before. I carefully head back to my chair, plant my ass down and unpack my laptop. "ZING ZING ZING". My heart is racing like a freight train. Jeeeez what a morning.
A colleague pings me to ask if we can go for a coffee but we have to juggle schedules and decide against it. During a quiet stretch we manage to meet and catch up before a ton of work floods in and I am stuck in a telephone conference for hours. Luckily I managed everything and even managed to turn most people into happy bunnies.
I just got in the door at home and the cats have turned their litter boxes into ticking stink bombs. The hubby offeres to clean and I head for my computer to proudly bring to you the story of the day that I was almost electrocuted. Darn you you stupid electrostatic charge.