Yep it is Friday once again and quite frankly I seem to have lost the track of time. With the Christmas holidays and New Year's Eve and people coming to visit I am a bit confused. I got up this morning thinking it was Tuesday.
After our last guest left yesterday morning we picked up my friend last night. We used to be roommates for quite a while and all I can say about her is that she rocks. We went out to dinner with the hubby and another friend, both of whom were smitten with her.
We went to our favorite Greek restaurant where the hubby ordered the Sokrates platter as he always does. In the middle of dinner he urged me to get up and let him out, his lips pressed tightly together. I thought he was joking. He wasn't.
He emerged from the men's a short while later and resumed dinner. When we got the following conversation ensued:
Me: Are you okay? What was wrong with you at the restaurant?
Him: "It is so weird but every time I eat this dish I feel like I need to puke."
Me: (frowning and probably having questionmarks in my eyes) Did you actually puke?
Him: "No, not really"
Me: Why did you go to the men's then?
Him: "I thought I was going to puke"
Me: Why did you stay so long then?
Him: "Oh I just burped and tried to not puke"
Me: Has it ever occured to you not to eat that dish anymore if it doesn't agree with your stomach?
Him: "Yes but it is so delicious I can't help it."
I was speechless. That man loves himself the Sokrates platter so he shall have it. Next time I am going to let him sit near the loos though.
On another note. Here goes another meme. Everybody on my Blogroll is encouraged to do it :) I promise this one is way easier than the last.
1. What is your favourite word? Sucker
2. What is your least favourite word? Like. People over use it. It's like so annoying like.
3. What turns you on? Kindness.
4. What turns you off? Rudeness.
5. What sound or noise do you love? Laughter.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Loud live concert music or real bad Karaoke.
7. What is your favourite curse word? c**ksucking sh** f**k crap. Ok these are four words but uttered as one. I sound like I have Tourettes when I am pissed off.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’d love to be a chef. Not going to happen though.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything on Dirty Jobs or being a Doctor. Broken bones make me want to lose my breakfast.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? ‘Come right through to cloud number nine, we were just getting comfy.’