Friday, August 29, 2008

Almost time

Let's see here. Less than five hours to go before we're due to sit in a plane for 14 hours. w00t. I don't even want to go into detail about the things I've learned. So lets just hope that we will be able to land in Thailand without being stuck in some airport forever.

The long awaited honeymoon is about to begin and I can't wait. Though September isn't the best time of the year to go to Thailand as it is monsoon season. I've heard though that despite the heavy rain there are still long spells with plenty of sun so we made sure to pack sunblocker SPF50. My skin is still very "Irish" after having been deprived of sunlight during all these years on the Emerald Isle.

I have set my heart to blogging from the trip. It is probably not going to be as regular as normal.

Finally wish me a good flight and open Thai airports. I will miss you all (till I log on the next time). Keep on blogging!

5 comments:

Brian o vretanos said...

Have a great time, I hope you do okay with the flight, the monsoon and the sun, so you can come back and tell us all about it...

AutoSysGene said...

I have been thinking of you all morning. I'm off to google what's going on in Thailand.

14 hours..gack! I'm not happy about the 4 hour flight to Cancun! And monsoon season, sounds like hurricane season.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could both miss the rain?

Sending you sunny thoughts and lots of GREAT weather!

Melisa Wells said...

We've already e-mailed but I wanted to leave a comment that summarizes what I told you already:

Have a safe trip!
Have lots of romance!
Take lots of photos! (but only in public, please)

xoxo

Jen said...

OMGOMGOMG HAVE FUNN!! Best wishes! For real! Yay!

My Two Army Brats said...

Protesters, monsoons, and sunburn and all I'm still jealous. Heck I'd be happy just to spend a day with my husband let alone go away on a trip. We never had a honeymoon, hmm sounds like an addition to our "todo" list when he comes home!