Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Diiiiiiisgusting

We don't eat in fast food restaurants often. Maybe once or twice a year. It just so happened that we went to the restaurant with the crown where the Royals aren't small but rather...well you get my drift.

We were hungry. We knew what we wanted. We had a coupon. We left hungry. We left late and we left upset.

We went through their drive-through, they took our order. Twelve minutes later we still had not gotten our order, nor were they able to deal with the fact that we wanted to use a coupon. While three of them tried to figure out how to punch that into their register you'd have thought it was rocket science. All that time it took them to figure out how to enter the coupon and make sense of our order, the order itself was "parked" in the bag on the counter where they make the french fries.

When we got home the food was cold and inedible. It wasn't like we had a complicated order either. Simple
and plain. From their menu. One thing without onions and tomato....Sigh.

Well that certainly taught us and tomorrow I will do the unthinkable and do some shopping and cook a healthy meal myself.

6 comments:

k a t i e said...

I had a rather similar experience last night...especially the 'unsatisfied' bit. For the first time in...oohh..a looooong time, I had the urge to go to some Golden Arches. (Well, more the urge not to cook, actually). After ordering my usual - and there'll probably be squeals of disgust from a few - I got my Fishy Goodness. It was rock hard. How is that even possible? The fish was black. I like my dead animal or sea life completely and utterly disguised as something else, and this had little bits of...ugh, never mind. It was cold. it was inedible. I remember why it is I started learning to cook...

AutoSysGene said...

Ack! That's why we don't do much fast food either. Stone cold french fries suck!

Melisa Wells said...

That's one of my HUGE pet peeves.

Ya know, when *I* was in the fast food biz, I was 16 and had way more pride in the product than the current employees. :)

Maggie Moo said...

That's one huge downfall to "modern" technology...no one knows how to make change and if the computers stop working-they're screwed!

Seriously-how hard is it to pick up a pre-made burger?

Brian o vretanos said...

After a couple of bad experiences, I never go to drive throughs - Its better to park and go in. Then you can complain if there's a problem.

My Two Army Brats said...

I frequent those establishments more often than we should and I'm never very happy with it. It never tastes as good as I'd like and is way overpriced and I hate when people who work customer service jobs hate people. Seriously go do floor somewhere and let someone who knows how to smile take the counter!