Thursday, June 25, 2009

live a little rant a little

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

You know how it is. Every so often you will encounter people in your life that will simply rub you the wrong way. At first you try to ignore it (not them) but as they settle in nicely, their habit become more annoying.

Currently I am irked by:

Mr. IknoweverythingevenifIdontbutmustcommentanyway. It can’t be easy leading life as a person that knows everyone and everything and has to comment on every little detail and be it the most minor detail.

Unfortunately these people have another trait which forces enables them to talk incessantly. All the time. ALL OF THE DAMN TIME. Even when nobody pays attention to them. They talk. To no one in particular mind you. They don’t even seem expect a response. It is driving me insane.

I do not care what you had for lunch, nor that you think you need to look up a site on the web or that you need to call your mechanic. I don’t care what you need to do next or how you’re going to do it. All I know is that I want you to shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut the f**k up.

Seriously I remember when I was on a commuter train having a talk with my friend, a complete stranger felt the urge to voice his opinion even though it was none of his business. I mean heck, it wasn’t a very private talk and we weren’t speaking very loudly. Dude, if I had wanted your opinion I would have asked for it.

Anyway Mr. Icantshutmyfreakingtrap is getting on my nerves.

Is there no way to politely tell them that we need not know their every thought? Does that annoy you too and what do you do when you encounter a person like that?

5 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

I can take a hint.....

lol

Jen said...

Haha. That, my friend, is why I walk around with my iPod on all the time. :o)

Brian o vretanos said...

I'm afraid that I've no good ideas. Not that this will stop me commenting ;-)

I presume you've tried the obvious things like starting a conversation with someone else and completely ignoring him, smoking him out by going on a spaghetti bolognese diet, and so on...

Tara R. said...

I have a co-worker who is a lot like that. I can't get away from her. She can rattle on and on for hours. Makes me crazy. I find myself avoiding her as often as I can.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll find any disagreement on that topic.

But, I also don't like the way so many folks live their life in public by talking on cell phones in public. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I've no interest in hearing other folks' business, but it's only a question of how many will hear it since no one can talk so low the conversation will be unheard.

Unless I'm expecting a call, I leave cell phone off in public. And when I talk on a cell phone in public, I try keep it to one minute or less because it's just to verify something.

I especially find it ridiculous how some folks (always seems to be men)walk around a grocery store and ask, presumably the wife: "OK, I'm looking at the beans; is it the X or Y beans you want?" If he can't shop properly, don't send him! ;)

Found you through a link from Terri Terri Quite Contrary.