Tuesday, January 17, 2012

coffee table {#Project 365 - Day 17}

Missed uploading a photo for #Project 365 yesterday. The weather was beautiful and it was sunny and freezing cold. There would have been plenty of things to photograph - everything seemed to be covered in sparkling frost. Alas I was in no mood of taking any pictures.

The hubby and I attended the funeral yesterday morning and it was overwhelmingly emotional. When you live in a small village, where relationships are closely knit, you expect many people paying their respect. Especially when the deceased was a well liked fellow citizen. What we came to see however, simply left us speechless. The road leading up to the church was lined with cars for about 1.5 miles. The church was crowded and people spilled out into the churchyard. So we were stood between hundreds of people, saying our last good-byes.

Sigh

As part of the photo project I will therefore upload pictures of coffee tables we were looking at over the weekend. Unfortunately, the one we liked best is simply too big for our couch. It is difficult to find a table that we like AND that goes with the rest of the furnishing in our living room.

20120114_125705

20120114_130403

20120114_131138
20120114_125930

20120114_125940

(all photos shot with a Samsung Galaxy SII, uploaded via Windows Live Writer)

What to do? What to do? I think the search will continue.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Are you stuck on that shade of wood? Maybe it needs to be a shade darker, to match the color of your couch better. Do you have any unfinished furniture stores there, where you could buy something that you could stain yourself?

(I like your old coffee table!) :)

misguided mommy said...

I looked at pics before reading, and the first two I was like wooow she is super stylish look how pretty her tables are. Then I read. Now I want my table to be all pretty.