Tuesday, January 10, 2012

sign language {#Project 365-Day10}

I am having a hard time finding a photo to post every day. Mostly because it’s still dark when I leave the house and when I return, it is dark again and there’s only so many cat pictures I can expect my small but loyal following to endure.

I’d like to keep it current. My thinking was, that by the end of the year I will browse through this blog and look back at all the things that I encountered this year. However, given the choice of not posting a photo because I don’t have one from that very day or posting a photo that was taken a few weeks back, I’ll take the latter.

20111205_143325

(taken with my Samsung Galaxy SII, uploaded via Windows Live Writer)

This photograph was taken at a beach in Co. Wexford, Ireland and it fascinated me. When I first saw it, it made me laugh. Beware of people walking on water? Or beware of rocks underneath the surface while walking on water…? I don’t know what they were trying to tell us (well we knew but they had an odd way of expressing this on a sign)

Last night I missed a bit of an opportunity for a great photo and story. The hubby told me three times but somehow I had blanked him. That’s what grocery shopping does to me.

We were in the supermarket to do our shopping for the week and we noticed that there were quite a few things that were not in stock. There was no cauliflower, no leeks, no mushrooms, no toast, no yogurt…and I remarked that even back in Eastern Germany there was more food to be had in a supermarket than was on display that evening. So yes, empty shelves aren’t anything you come across anymore in this day and age. Luckily.

The real nuisance were the men doing grocery shopping. (Seems that all the single men do their grocery shopping on Monday evenings) Men don’t seem to have a sense of self when in unfamiliar surroundings. They block entire aisles or shelves with their broad shoulders and deserted carts and if you know me, you know that I have no patience for any horsing around in the grocery store. It’s in, grabbing the stuff, paying for it and out. Preferably in under 15 minutes. Well that’s what I aim for anyway.

So there was plenty of opportunity for a photo shoot but I just wasn’t in the mood.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hate when people block the way! I also hate when they don't abide by the "keep right except to pass' (unspoken) rule we have here in the US. I often exclaim "Seriously?!" or "Really??!" at least once while shopping.