Friday, October 12, 2007

Serotonine- Happiness Hormones for everyone

This seems to be a week of good news. Lilly the cat is well on her way to recovery and the Vet was confident that we will manage to aquaint Lilly and "the Little One" to a degree where Lilly will stop trying to kill her "adversary. Yesterday we went to the Vet for her third shot and a thorough analysis of her character. A mere 45 minutes and 120 Euros later we were on our way home. About two minutes from home Lilly decided to top our adventures by peeing into her box. Great smell in the car. The blanket was soaking wet and when we finally arrived at home she darted out of the box like a thunderbolt. Nevertheless, she's better and there is a glimmer of hope that she will accept the little one sooner or later.

Today I had a meeting with my boss and was really anxious. Last month I asked whether it is possible that they will extend my contract for another year. In today's meeting I was offered the job and granted another year's extension. Needless to say I was jumping with joy.

Let me just say that my boss is the coolest and by far the best boss I ever had. He even saved the good news for Friday so he could send me into an extra-nice weekend. I'd say he "managed" to do that pretty well. Not without good reasons - after all he is the manager. Pun intended.

So tonight we will go out with friends to celebrate this. We will go to our favorite Italian restaurant. My mouth is watering just thinking about this. Real Italian food prepared and served by real Italians and OMG is it yummy. Their salads are so delicious you want to roll in them - let alone their thin crust pizza that is being baked in a wood fired oven. DELICIOUS.

The hubby is feeling better as well and has received a pat on the back from his manager today. So all in all we are pretty dang pleased. And while I am in such a good mood I would like to wish all of you a very pleasant weekend.

10 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Congratulations Kat! What a great day! (all except for the cat pee...it seems to always come down to the cat pee, doesn't it???)

And by the way, kids aren't the only "family members" that are expensive, huh? Those little furry children can put a dent in a budget about as good as a two-legged child!

I hope you and your husband have a great dinner and a great weekend! :)

Melisa
rememberruby.blogspot.com

kat said...

Thank you very much. It sure was (or better still is) a great day.
And you are absolutely right. Our four legged friends are just as expensive but so worth it.

You have a good weekend too and when we're having a glass of wine I will be toasting to you and our four-legged, peeing friends :)

Maggie Moo said...

Yet another reason why I think we like each other so much: You say things like, "The salad is so good you want to roll in it."

8)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is great news about your job, I am very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Lilly is doing better. And congrats on getting your contract renewed at work!

You are super lucky to be living in Germany. I am so envious. I want to move back to Italy, I miss the culture, the art, but more importantly: the real Italian food! Although my mom cooks real Italian food, I miss the environment.

Have fun at the restaurant!

Mrs. J said...

Wow Kat, congratulations! What a great day you have. You got me drooling over that Italian resto too! I would love to eat at an authentic italian resto right now!!! 120 euros for the vet visit!? Yikes! @_@

Rebecca said...

WhooHooo for you - congratulations!! Have a great weekend :P

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! On the job well done! Succeeding and being recognized at work is so important. Jeez I think so because most people spend their chunk of time at work. All the best! Enjoy your Italian diner!

Danielle Athanas said...

Sounds like things are going really well in your world! I figured it's about time I leave a comment. ;)

And... your comments about the Italian restaurant remind me of the book "Eat Pray Love" which was awesome. There's a section in there where she says she thinks that the pizza loves her back. :)

kat said...

Thank you all for your kind words. That whole job thing made me incredibly happy.

Mags, yeah I like how we are so much alike in that respect. You would love their salads.

Robert, I can understand that you miss Italy. There is just something about the whole dinner experience and atmosphere..just amazing.

J, yes the little four legged ones are quite expensive.

Patty, true I always say you should enjoy what you are doing jobwise as you spent most of your time in work. So it better be something you like.

danielle, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am sure pizza loves me back to..but most of all it seems to love my hips and behind because that's where it goes to right after it leaves my tastebuds :)

Jen said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!

Also... OMG PIZZA YUMMM OMG!