Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why Dorothy's left Kansas to follow the yellow brick road

I am sure it's made the worldwide news as the hubby found this in my favorite German newsmag Spiegel and thought it would totally be something I would blog about. And right he is.

This lady from Kansas sat on her boyfriends toilet for two years! Yep two whole years! She couldn't leave later on because the muscles in her legs had atrophied and she literally grew together with the toilet seat.

When I checked my daily reads I also found it in English in this article. I do feel sorry for the lady as I am sure she's very ill but heck, if I was her boyfriend I would have gotten very worried after one day. I keep on wondering what the genius was thinking but end up with the same thought...if your IQ is lower than temperatures in Antarctica you're probably not thinking at all but merely functioning.

8 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

Uh...

Her muscles atrophied when she sat down? And it took her two years to decide maybe she should get some help? And you're right... her boyfriend took that long to think "Maybe I should override her and get her help"?

Some things in life I just don't understand.

kat said...

Danielle Exactly what I was thinking. I mean if your hubby decided he wasn't going to leave the loo, would you encourage him sitting there by even bringing food and drinks? Some things are just beyond "normal" people like us :)

Melisa Wells said...

You've GOT to be kidding me. I don't even know what to say...

Sarah said...

Wait ... 2 WHOLE years? And she ATE in the bathroom while on the pot? Does this mean she didn't shower? Yikes. She must have smelled quite --- ummm, interesting. Wow.

kat said...

Melisa Yeah there's really nothing to be said anymore :)

Sarah Eeeew, now that you mention it. Yikes, I didn't even think about it. That must have been really disgusting.

AutoSysGene said...

I was thinking the same as Sarah. Here's the think...how did she grow to the toilet? That is just beyond bizzare!

Maggie Moo said...

No pun intended, but HOLY SHIT!!!

That's nuts. I can't believe that he didn't call after 2 DAYS

kat said...

Melissa It is difficult to get your head around it but apparently her skin grew around the seat...yummy :)

Mags LOL @ the pun. I thought the same.