Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the mojo - it may return

Hello world. Remember me? I have been missing for what seems an eternity. The reason? I had lost my mojo. I blame stress in the workplace and working on our house to get the guest bedrooms done before my awesome American twin Melisa and her lovely family got here.

What a great week that was and talk about a boost in morale. I will eventually write a post on their visit but until I do (knowing me, I wouldn't hold my breath), head on over to Melisa's blog, if you haven't already, and read about her (their) adventure(s) in Germany.

Melisa is every bit as fun(ny) and beautiful as she appears on her blog and her husband and their two boys are just as adorable. When we met for the first time, face to face, in the airport, it was like welcoming a good friend that I haven't seen in a while. There was no awkward silence or anything...we jumped right in where we never left off...Hehe.

Words cannot do these four justice and when the time came for this lovely family to return home, they sure as hell left two very sad faces behind. From here on in this Thursday shall be known as "Black Thursday". Ok, ok...this may be a bit melodramatic but it was REALLY sad to see them go. So come back soon!!!

It was fun to see Germany, and Bavaria in particular, through their eyes and in the process the hubby and I learned to appreciate a few things we had taken for granted to date. Either way. Melisa's enthusiasm and energy has prompted me to take up blogging again. So I'll be here and I can't wait.

4 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Black Thursday!! haha
I snorted at that one but alas, it was Black Thursday for us too so I guess we're all in the same boat.

MISS YOU! xoxoxoxoxo

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

I loved reading Melisa's posts and so glad you had the chance to meet (and hug her) IRL! Welcome back ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you have been reinspired! :) I'm so glad you & Melisa had that week together!

have just met her & Liz at Blogher, I know how musch those IRL hugs mean!

Hope to someday give you an IRL hug xoxo Welcome Back!

KittyCat said...

Soooooo glad to see you back. I am a new follower, love to hear what you have to say .