Thursday, January 5, 2012

love {#Project365–Day 5}

There is a few storms pounding Northern Europe this week, trucks are being turned over as if made from paper mache, trees falling into power lines and it’s been raining as if there is no tomorrow.

I thought it would be better to work from home and i have not left the house all day, which is the reason why today’s photo is not a current one but one that I took with my smartphone on a recent trip to Ireland.

See, the hubby and I met and fell in love in Ireland and we got engaged in a typical Irish pub in the country side. The weekend that we got engaged was spent with sightseeing, building sandcastles and walks on the beach. On one of our walks my “fiancé” took a bird’s feather and wrote into the sand “I love Kat..” It was really cute. He took a picture of it and for the longest time (the lifespan of that laptop actually) said photograph served as the background on that computer.

On our last trip to the Emerald Isle in early December of last year, we went back to that very pub, in which the hubby had proposed to me back in 2006 but not before we had a nice walk on the beach. We were lucky, the sun was out and it was a beautiful, dry day. Just as beautiful as the one in 2006.

The hubby grabbed a bird’s feather, got down and wrote into the sand:

20111205_141153

(shot with my Samsung Galaxy SII, uploaded using Windows Live Writer)

The photo of the finished writing now serves beautifully as a screensaver on my smart phone.

1 comment:

Tara R. said...

Such a romantic!