Sunday, September 9, 2007

Keep 'em separated

This is day one. I dropped the hubby at the airport earlier and off he went on a business trip to London. He will be gone all week. This is the first time we are separated since I moved to Germany and we moved into our apartment in February of this year. Let me start by telling you that it feels totally weird. It is not like we haven't been separated before. The day after we got married I flew back to Dublin and he drove back to Munich and we only met again two weeks later but have been inseparable ever since.

As Simone (Daily Dose of Spazz) said in one of her comments, absence makes the heart grow fonder and time spent apart does make you care even more. Too bad that we sometimes take our loved ones for granted when they are always around and it isn't like I am not grateful for my husband. On the contrary, I love him and tell him so every day but I can't shake the feeling that we should tell the people that we truly love how much their presence and their actions really mean to us. Even if those are just minor things. So hubby if you are reading this, THANK YOU for the awesome kiss at the airport. It made Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler look like whimps.

1 comment:

Mrs. J said...

I totally understand you on this! Being apart sucks but just look on the bright side. You'll be missing each other and we gets back home, it'll feel sooo wonderful! I hope you won't feel too lonely.