Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So many memories


Day three turned out to be crappy. Went to the doctor and only escaped some uncomely procedure. Now I am to stay home for the rest of the week and since I am not feeling all too well I might not be blogging as regularly.


I spent a lot of time at the doctor's yesterday and actually had to go in for a second time. Inbetween I was trying to catch some sleep. I did not want to worry my husband so I only told him later what was going on. I sure am glad that he is always there for me and he let me know that he misses me just as much as I miss him.


The cats are both well. The little one is fussing about and running across the room like mad. It is so funny to watch. I taped some of it with the new camcorder the hubby gave me three weeks prior to my birthday. We figured we should use it as long as Maunzerl is still young, kittenish and playful. I will eventually upload some of the stuff here as soon as I got a firewire cable.


On sadder note my thoughts go out to everyone who's life was changed by the events of 9/11. As I was home yesterday I had plenty of time to watch a documentary about the day and its effects. I remember being on the observation deck Top of the World about three times and remember how impressed I was by the view.


On 9/11 in 2001 I just got back to my dorm room around 3pm German time just before the second aircraft flew into the South Tower and I watched in disbelief. I could not imagine how an aircraft could accidently fly into a building this tall and I started crying when the second plane hit. Needless to say that I did not go back to University. Neither on this Tuesday nor any other day that week. I was glued to the television. Caught between disbelief and emotions, my heart going out to those whose life was so dramatically changed on that day.

4 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Hope you feel better Kat. I don't mind at all if you take the idea. I actually want to tag anyone who wants to use the idea to show their neighborhood too. Looking forward to see yours too =) take care!

kat said...

Hi J, thank you for your wishes. I am feeling a bit better already and find your idea to tag everyone pretty cool. Go ahead and tag away :).

Maggie Moo said...

Feel better Kat!!!

kat said...

Cheers Mags, already feeling better after narrowly missing an overnight stint in the hospital. Responding well to the medication and am taking it easy for now.